Monday, February 2, 2015

I'd like to introduce my NEW Blog. Primarily it will be about wax paper. Not a lot to say about that you think? You may be right. But more on that later.

For now, let's address the tweet that likely brought you here:

This vacuum cleaner sucks! This hair dryer blows!

Are these endorsements or complaints? I'll let you decide.

In the meantime, I've always wondered how the term "sucks" got to be accepted in the mainstream and not considered lewd or dirty or a "swear word". Seems like it should be. I guess if you are referring to vacuum cleaners as the above notes, it would be a "clean word" (no pun intended).

Which brings us back to wax paper (I know... not much of a segue, but hey!). It is neither wax or paper. Well, maybe it is paper, but as I've pointed out, things are not what they seem. Take the internet for example: it started out as a global experiment in information, and now it's a place for global advertising. What if you were a company selling globes? Would that make you a global, global advertiser? I would have to say yes. Which brings me to another point I wanted to touch on. Certainly you are familiar with the "Yeah... no..." reply one often gets these days in regular conversation with regular people. I must say, I LOVE the "Yeah/No". I really opens up the conversation to a lot of possibilites. You can agree, or disagree, or agree to disagree. But back to the aforementioned category of "regular people". Are there such things? And if there are, would such people want to be categorized as "regular"? Maybe in terms of bowel movements, but certainly not personality. I've found that everyone wants to be unique. That's one of the reasons why social media is so popular. People get to be heard. They get their opinions and feelings and thoughts out there for all to read. Speaking of reading, I read the other day that with the Internet, we create more data in a day than all of human history combined (up until 2005 anyway...) Great factoid. No way to tell if it's true or not, Yeah, no... it's true. Has to be. If the Internet says so, it's true.

One last thing before I get back to the theme of this blog, wax paper. Not a lot to say about wax paper, so I don't want to say it all here in today's blog entry, because what would I find to blog about tomorrow? A little scary taking up the worlds ONLY blog on wax paper. But I love a challenge. Maybe that's why I've been pushing my Internet startup called Buddy Buddy Buddy. It's a platform developed that truly monetizes social media. http://www.doyoubuddy.com

See what I did there? I promoted my startup which has nothing at all to do with wax paper. Yeah, no. It was a good segue...

Well that's it for today. Check back another day for some more poignant info to share on wax paper and other related and/or not so related topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment